Finding time for a day at the spa is near impossible. Not to mention the amount of money you will spend for the same products you have at home. Make these fun and easy beauty products with your kids and then get your hubby to watch them while you draw a nice warm bath and have a mini pamper session. Most of these ingredients you already have in the house. Try different combinations until you find the ones you love.
Pick a mask according to your skin type
Hydrating mask: In a small bowl add Avocado, banana, fresh citrus juice or ground pineapple with juice, and a drizzle of olive oil. Leave on your face for 15 min while you soak in the tub. Put cucumber slices on your eyes and relax. Wash off with a wash cloth using gentile circular motions.
Firming mask: Mix equal parts Honey, egg white, and lemon in a small bowl. Apply to clean face and let sit for 15 min. Put cucumbers on your eyes while you soak in the tub. Relax. Wash with washcloth using gentile circular motions.
Lightening mask: Mix plain yogurt and cucumber juice. Apply to clean face and let sit for 15 min. Put cucumbers on your eyes while you soak in the tub. Relax. Wash with washcloth using gentile circular motions.
Glow mask: Mash a ripe peach and heavy cream in a small bowl. Apply to clean face and let sit for 15 min. Put cucumbers on your eyes while you soak in the tub. Relax. Wash with washcloth using gentile circular motions.
All over body scrub
Mix equal parts ground oatmeal, sugar or salt, milk powder, olive oil and your favorite aromatherapy oil or fresh ground herbs. Get creative! Scrub gently with a washcloth or your fingers. Make sure to really get your elbows, knees, and the bottom of your feet. Soak in this mixture while you relax.
Step three: (this can be done in or out of the tub)
Mix ½ teaspoon baking soda and gently scrub lips with a toothbrush. Not too hard, think kissable!
Use your favorite moisturizer and spread all over you entire body. If you want to try a homemade remedy lather on olive oil, apricot oil, or Shea butter.
Ahhh! Now change into something soft and relaxing. You are now a pampered mommy!
Other additional ideas:
- Facial steams. Boil water and put in a large bowl with herbs or aromatherapy oils. Put a large towel over the back of your head covering the bowl and breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. 10 minutes should be enough to feel relaxed and recharged. Your pours will thank you too.
- Foot scrubs using ¼ cup cornmeal or oatmeal, salt and favorite essential oil.
- Eye mask using 1 teaspoon grated cucumber and teaspoon powdered milk
- Bath soak using ½ cup Epson salt, ½ cup non-fat milk, 2 drops essential oils.
- Face toner using ½ cup lemon juice, ½ cup witch hazel.